- 4 (5-6″ diameter) Portobello mushroom caps
- 2/3 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary (or 1/8 teaspoon dried)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, 1/2 teaspoon of the olive oil, rosemary, pepper and garlic.
Using a spoon, scoop out the gills of the mushroom caps and remove the stems and discard.
In a small bowl, mix 1/2 teaspoon of the olive oil, lemon juice and soy sauce. Using a pastry brush, brush the soy sauce mixture on both sides of the mushroom caps.
Grill the caps, starting with stem side down, for 5 minutes on each side or until soft.
Spoon 1/4 cup of the tomato and cheese mixture into each cap, cover and grill for about 3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Garnish with basil.
Nutrition Information, Per Mushroom:
Fat: 3.7 g
Carbohydrates: 8.2 g
Protein: 6.4 g
Modified from Hungry Girl’s Grilled Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms